Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let's Try This On For Size

After far too many months of excuses, plenty of hemming and hawing, and watching from the sidelines as a writing-based trend exploded beyond the mainstream, I've decided to cautiously enter the blogosphere, if for no other reason than to please my wife and to track my thoughts. No promises on how far and long this project will go, and no promises on whether or not the content will be interesting to anybody save myself. This is just an attempt to see if my lifelong inability to start and maintain a diary or journal has anything to do with hand cramps, or if there's a much deeper issue at play (something about commitment or flagging energies). I'm interested in many things, and I hope this blog can adequately reflect my concerns. I'll probably write a lot about food and movies, however, and complain quite a bit about plenty of things I can't do anything about. Like today - I'm tempted to make my first post a long comment on what my friend Tony has been telling me about the boosterism he's been confronted with while hanging around in Denver, and what I think is wrong or at least troubling about city boosterism. But who wants to kick off an online diary project with something like that?


More later (on Denver boosterism, I guess, and plenty of other more pressing matters). For now, it's good just to see a basic template up and running. Here goes (literally) nothing.

No comments: